By Andrew Holland
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and validated sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluation standards of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and counsel for every suitable specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for a number of classes including:
- OCR: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964
Read Online or Download Access to History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Similar russian history books
This intensively researched city learn dissects Russian Imperial and early Soviet rule in Islamic critical Asia from the varied viewpoints of tsarist functionaries, Soviet bureaucrats, Russian staff, and lower-class girls in addition to Muslim notables and vital Asian investors. Jeff Sahadeo's stimulating research unearths how political, social, cultural, and demographic shifts altered the character of this colonial neighborhood from the tsarist conquest of 1865 to 1923, whilst Bolshevik specialists subjected the area to strict Soviet rule.
Stalinist Society deals a clean analytical evaluate of the complicated social formation governed over through Stalin and his henchmen from the past due Nineteen Twenties to the early Fifties. Drawing on declassified archival fabrics, interviews with former Soviet voters, previous and new memoirs, and private diaries, in addition to the simplest of sixty years of scholarship, this ebook bargains a non-reductionist account of social upheaval and social solidarity in a society marred by way of violence.
The political map of japanese Europe replaced dramatically in December 1991 while the leaders of Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine huddled jointly in a Bielavieza wooded area retreat and made up our minds to dissolve the 15 union republics, which composed the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR). a type of republics was once the Belorussian Soviet Socialist Republic (BSSR).
While the Soviet Union collapsed on 26 December 1991, it gave the look of the beginning of a notable new period of peace and co-operation. a few even dared to claim the tip of background, assuming all nations could converge on enlightenment values and liberal democracy. not anything may be farther from the reality.
- AQA A-level History: Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855-1964 (Aqa Alevel History)
- Death on the Don: The Destruction of Germany's Allies on the Eastern Front 1941-44
- War over the Steppes: The air campaigns on the Eastern Front 1941–45
- Soviet Economic Development from Lenin to Khrushchev (New Studies in Economic and Social History)
Extra resources for Access to History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 for OCR Second Edition by Andrew Holland